There are times when making a meal seems to time consuming to even consider. This easy to prepare Pork Verde takes only 5 minutes to prep. Once the ingredients are in the slow cooker, you can walk away and take care of the important things.
Slow Cooker Pork Verde
- 1 teaspoon Passilla chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 2 pounds boneless country style pork ribs
- 16 ounce jar tomatillo salsa
- In a small bowl mix together the Passilla chile, oregano, cumin, salt, garlic and onion.
- Rub all sides of the ribs with the spice mixture.
- Place the ribs into a large slow cooker.
- Pour the jar of salsa over the ribs.
- Set the slow cooker to high and the timer to 4 hours.
- After 3 hours, turn the ribs over in the sauce and check for tenderness.
- Let ribs cook 4 hours or until tender.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 4 hour(s)