Even though this doesn't fall under the "healthy" category, it sure is delicious! Our family likes to eat healthy, but we also enjoy some sweet meals every once in a while. Everything in moderation, right!? After finding chicken drumsticks on sale recently, I wanted a sweet and delicious way to make them. I have only cooked drumsticks by breading and baking them, so I wanted something a bit different. I also wanted something easy, preferably in my slow cooker so I could set it and forget it. I created this dish and everyone loved it!
Ingredients needed to make Sweet & Gooey Drumsticks in the crock pot:
- 6 chicken drumsticks, thawed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (you can also use brown Splenda or another brown sugar substitute)
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard (check out this recipe to make your own mustard)
- 1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
Directions for this slow cooker chicken drumsticks recipe:
- Place chicken drumsticks in the crock pot.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar, mustard, syrup and honey.
- Pour mixture over drumsticks.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and set on high.
- Cook for 4 to 6 hours.
* It is not necessary to add any extra liquid to the crock pot.
I cooked mine a little longer and these turned out delicious. The meat practically fell right off the bone and these reheated very well. These would go well paired with potato salad and a tasty vegetable like green beans. What are some of your tastiest chicken drumstick recipes in the slow cooker? Let me know in the comments, I love trying new recipes!