Could you enhance your fitness in just nine minutes a day? Yes, says "Extreme Weight Loss" guru Chris Powell, who recently appeared on Katie Couric's talk show. He's transformed lives and bodies on his show, helping hundreds of people lose thousands of pounds. And now, whether you need to lose nine pounds or 90 pounds, you can benefit from his nine-minute workout described here and provided along with diet tips in "Chris Powell's Choose More, Lose More for Life" (click for details).
Do the fitness routine here for a boost in your energy and reduction in your waist. See the slideshow for photos. Bonus tip: Get Chris' fitness DVD "Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition: Bootcamp" by clicking here.
- Step 1: Start by standing in front of a chair, facing away from the chair. Your feet should be shoulder-width apart, your toes pointed slightly outward and your hips and knees fully extended.
- Step 2: Keeping your weight on your heels, slowly lower your hips onto the seat of the chair, as if you’re being pulled backward by your belt.
- Step 3: Extend your arms in front of you, using them as a counterbalance, and gently touch the seat with your hips, making sure that your knees are tracking directly over your toes and not knocking inward.
- Step 4: As soon as you feel your hips touch the seat, drive upward through your heels, fully extending your knees and hips to stand up to the starting position.
- Step 1: Start in the pike position, bent over in a V at the waist with your hips high in the air, your hands and toes on the floor, and your elbows and knees extended. The angle between your torso and legs should be slightly less than 90 degrees, and your head and neck should be straight.
- Step 2: Bending your elbows, shift your weight forward, lowering your chest and thighs to the floor while straightening out your body.
- Step 3: While pressing upward again, swing your body forward, arch your back, and bring your head forward and up in a swooping movement, passing it through the air just above your hands. Extend your elbows and knees and keep your body suspended between your shoulders and your toes.
- Step 4: Shift your body back to the pike position again and prepare for another dive bomber!