Work days can be hectic time of day but that doesn’t mean your meal has to be complicated. This recipe can be made in the evening or the day before and just warmed when you know the evening is going to be a very busy one. A quiche is a meal in a pie pan. It is filled with lots of good and wholesome ingredients that will fill you up without having that stuffed feeling when dinner is over.
- 8 ounces of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) box of frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup of shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ teaspoon of minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon of onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350’.
- Lightly spray a glass pie pan with cooking oil.
- Sauté the mushrooms in a frying pan along with the garlic until tender and heated through.
- While the mushrooms are cooking down strain the spinach to release all the excess water by pressing it against a colander over the sink and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl beat the eggs together with the onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms, spinach and half the cheeses into the bowl with the eggs and stir until everything is coated well.
- Pour the entire mixture into the pie pan.
- Cover the mixture with the other half of the cheeses.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown checking to ensure the center is solid.
- Slice the quiche just like any other pie and serve while hot.
- Serve with a small salad to complete the meal.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: