Of course, it's a weekend, why wouldn't it snow in Baltimore? Actually, it's all the better for stay-at-home moms. Weekend snowstorms mean the roads will be clear by Monday and schools won't be cancelled. And that means the snow hills will be relatively clear of older kids, giving younger children a great chance at trying out their sleds and saucers. Of course, you have to know where to go for a little sledding fun. Check out these Baltimore-area sledding hills for some great winter time fun!
- Oregon Ridge State Park (may not be good for beginner sledders, as this is an old ski slope)
- Joppa View Elementary School, Honeygo Boulevard in Perry Hall
- Baltimore County Public School Headquarters, Towson
- Patterson Park, Baltimore City
- Wyman Park, Baltimore City
- Herring Run Park, Harford Road and Argonne Drive near Parkville
- Baltimore County Country Club's 'Suicide Hill', Roland Park (check with the club for permission first)
- Boys Latin School, Roland Park
Have you discovered a good sledding spot in your neighborhood? Leave a comment below and share it with other Examiner.com readers!
Like this? Check these out from the Baltimore SAHM Examiner: