The PS3 version of “Skyrim” is set to finally receive its first installment of downloadable content tomorrow. In the form of the Dragonborn expansion pack, PS3 players will finally be able to continue their adventures past the main game of “Skyrim.” In preparation for the release of Dragonborn, today Bethesda finally released the English version of the 1.8 title update for the PS3.
Upon loading “Skyrim” on your PS3 system, you will be greeted with a message to begin downloading this content. As for the changes that will be implemented with the use of update 1.8 for “Skyrim,” players can expect a variety of fixes and system optimizations. Below, you can view the patch notes that has been delivered through the official post on BethBlog.
- General memory and stability improvements
- Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip
- Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked
- Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs
- Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly
With Dragonborn set for release on the PS3 tomorrow, additional expansion packs for “Skyrim” will also be released for the PS3 later this month. These expansion packs include Hearthfire and Dawnguard. For those of you that may be interested, you can view a few screenshots taken from “Skyrim” in the slideshow above this article.