User's now have a refreshing alternative to Pandora Radio with the growing popularity of SKY.FM Online Radio that was established in 2004. SKY.FM Radio offers 64 channels of specifically catered music channels from Jazz, Rock, New Age, Oldies, Top Hits, and many other genres that the listener can enjoy.
What makes SKY.FM Radio different than Pandora Radio and iTunes Radio:
- SKY.FM Radio has channel directors for each of their 64 music channels. The channel directors find the very best in each music genre and create the playlist the user wants to hear instead of having to sift through an extensive list of songs and artists trying to determine what to listen to.
- SKY.FM Radio caters numerous music channels to the niche music listener that is looking for that ever elusive hard to find artist or song that can't be found daily on their local top hits station or on the Internet.
- Examples of these niche music channels are: Club Bollywood, J-Pop, K-Pop, Classic Motown, and Love Music channels and more.
- SKY.FM Radio's refreshed new website was recently launched in mid-December 2013. It showcases a sleekly designed easy-to-use new interface to assist the listener in finding the music they want to listen to and starting the music listening lighting fast with no pausing.
- The new website also includes social sharing of discovered music and songs, a style filter, and the ability to vote on your favorite music tracks or channels.
SKY.FM Radio's latest feature that differentiates itself from Pandora and iTunes Radio is their pop-out web player. That opens up your music channel in a window within your browser so listener's can keep the music going uninterrupted while they browse the Internet, study, relax, etc. Listener's can also go to a premium membership for $4.99 a month which includes, no ads, studio quality audio (128k AAC), 65+ catered music channels and ultimate portability with all Apple, Android and Windows products.
SKY.FM Radio will be of the new players to watch in the coming years as the battle Internet Radio supremacy rages on as the listener will be able to hear and choose from themselves what appeals to their specific musical tastes and interests with all the Internet Radio choices that are out there.