Bobby Flay is an Iron Chef for a reason. His delicious and creative recipes keep us coming back for more.
I mean, come on! That sounds delicious! And who would have thought to grill scallions whole. Usually, they chopped and thrown in the ingredient mix.
Let's get started with this one right away.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, white part only, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound skirt steak, trimmed and cut into 4 portions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bundle fresh scallions
- 1 package of pocket tortillas
Combine sugar, soy sauce, sake, garlic, scallions, ginger and sesame oil in a medium size flat dish.Add the steak and coat well with the marinade. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning once.
Remove meat from marinade and grill on each side for 2 to 3 minutes, for medium-rare. Remove from grill, cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain
Drizzle a little oil on both the scallions and tortillas. Salt and pepper the scallions, and grill both for 2-3 minutes, flipping to make sure the sides doesn't burn.
Plate with tortillas on the side, and the steak and grilled scallions resting up against them.
This recipe is courtesy of Food Network's Bobby Flay.