This year marks the fiftieth anniversary of the darkest day in Dallas history, the day of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination. As November 22 approaches, the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza is gearing up with exhibits, speakers, and teacher workshops to honor the memory of JFK.
- Tuesday, September 10, 1-4 p.m. - The American President: A History in Photos (educator's workshop), $10
- Saturday, September 14, 2 p.m. – featuring Walter Mears, Associate Press political journalist and Pulitzer Prize winner, covered the 1960 presidential election, $10
- Tuesday, September 24, 7 p.m. – Parkland Hospital – Trauma Room One Reunion, featuring Dr. Ronald C. Jones and Dr. Robert N. McClelland, members of the medical team that strived to save the President, $25
- Saturday, October 12, 2 p.m. – Ferd Kaufman, Associated Press photographer, captured images of Lee Harvey Oswald after his arrest and worked the trial of Jack Ruby, Oswald’s alleged killer, $10
- Saturday, November 9, 2 p.m. – Bill and Gayle Newman, closest eyewitnesses to the fatal tragedy, $10
Tickets for each event can be purchased online. $10 events are also included in the purchase of museum admission.