The United Hospital System Rehabilitation Department will be presenting their sixth annual Running Symposium in Pleasant Prairie, WI, on Thursday, May 15. The sessions will be held in the Lake View Studio at the Pleasant Prairie RecPlex, from 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
Unlike other runners’ events you may have attended, the Running Symposium is 100% hands-on – no lectures:
- Receive assessments by health care professionals who specialize in running and running technique.
- Try the latest and best stretching and strengthening techniques.
- Learn how to use a foam roller for soft tissue massage and mobilization.
- Find out if the way you are running can lead to injury and if shoes make a difference.
- Ask a Sports Medicine Physician about your running pains and injuries.
The UHS presenters will be:
- Jonathan Main, M.D. - Question and Answer from a Sports Medicine Physician
- Kevin Conto, PT, ATC, COMT - How do I Know if I am Running Correctly?
- LaMoyne Hawley, L-ATC, CSCS, FMS - Inside-Out Strength Training
- Larry Sandberg, PT - Training to Improve Running Performance and Flexibility
- Dino Laurenzi, L-ATC, C.E.S., FMS, TRX SMSTC Instructor - Foam roller exercises
The Running Symposium is free and open to the public, but seating is limited. Please reserve your seat by calling the UHS Rehab Department at (262) 577-8725.
If you would like to be notified when Coach Ken publishes an article, click "subscribe" on this page. You can also read his health and fitness answers and blog on Sharecare.com, view his Wellness Blog, follow him on Twitter, and find his Triathlon and Wellness pages on Facebook. Coach Ken is the Chicago Wellness Examiner, Milwaukee Triathlon Examiner, and Endurance Sports Examiner.