WordPress is a free and open source blogging tool and a content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL, which runs on a web hosting service. Features include a plug-in architecture and a template system. WordPress is used by more than 18.9% of the top 10 million websites as of August 2013. WordPress is the most popular blogging system in use on the Web, at more than 60 million websites.
If you are running a website that uses WordPress here are 10 suggestions to help you avoid making your vulnerable:
- Always run the very latest version of WordPress
- Always run the very latest versions of your plugins and themes
- Be conservative in your selection of plugins and themes
- Delete the admin user and remove unused plugins, themes and users
- Make sure every user has their own strong password
- Force both logins and admin access to use HTTPS
Even though the title stated WordPress platform, these tips will hold true to any type CMS. I hoped it helps.