Hello, WINTER! As I've mentioned in a previous article, don't fall into the "now I can layer and wear bulky jackets" to cover up some extra pounds I will likely gain this season. Instead, keep everything in check and stay looking and FEELING your absolute BEST.
Here are my Six Strategies to Staying Stunning this winter...:
- Don't neglect those places you rarely bare this season (e.g., your toes)! Regular pedicures (whether DIY or at a salon) are still a must! Another example would be your mid-section. Although bikini season is long gone, neglecting your intake of fiber and routine sit-ups (or whatever your personal routine consists of to keep your core fit) will only bring stress in the future!
- Swap your usual dark eye shadow and liner and opt for a bolder lip, instead (or vice-versa). Tis the season to trying new things! You might find you actually like the change!
- One of the most important things this season is TIME MANAGEMENT. It is far too easy to get wrapped up in all of the season's activities and expectations. Remembering to stay on a somewhat rigid schedule will actually be incredibly beneficial to having that duration of time during each day to yourself.
- Remember the few people that really matter in your life! Office parties and holiday parties for the kids - all that aside - don't forget to remind those close family and friends how much they mean to you. A simple card expressing your love is all it takes. Remember, it IS the THOUGHT that counts!
- Exfoliate. Exfoliate. Exfoliate. I personally have found exfoliating OUT of the shower is the most advantageous. Try a dry bristle brush...and never forget to follow with an appropriate moisturizer (all over the body).
- SMILE! Studies show that doing so, even when feeling down, result in positive energy...almost tricking your brain into thinking your happier than you might feel. Try not to sweat the small stuff and always take the time to look around you every once in a while and just soak it up. Soak it ALL up.
Happy Holidays! Stay Stunning!