As San Francisco watched, the 49ers lost the Super Bowl XLVII last night, but one of the best things they DID see was the Beyonce halftime show.
Here are some things about that halftime Super Bowl XLVII show:
1. Beyonce proved she could really sing and was an exceptional performer in Super Bowl XLVII. This was important after there were doubts about whether she used lip-synching when she sang the national anthem at Obama's inauguration.
2. Songs that Beyonce sang - sometimes with her group 'Destiny's Child' with her were: "Love on Top," "Crazy in Love," "Halo," "Single Ladies," "Baby Boy," "Independent Woman," "Bootylicious." Beyonce performed her booty-shaking dance as she sang. At one point she pulled off a piece of her skirt and of her shirt.
3. Previous singers at the Super Bowl included Madonna who sang last year to a backing track and the Black Eyed Peas who sang in 2011. Some would say that performance was a disastrous one.
Beyonce showed her appreciation of the crowd in New Orleans by saying: "Thank you for this moment," and "God bless y'all."
4. Beyonce was joined at the Super Bowl XLVII by her band, Destiny's Child. Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams popped up from underneath the stage and sang "Bootylicious." They were in almost identical outfits to Beyonce.
5. Before the game began, Alicia Keys sang the national anthem -- it was live, assured her publicist. Keys sang "The Star Spangled Banner" with her eyes closed, as she wore a long red dress.
6. Earlier, Jennifer Hudson had sung "America the Beautiful" accompanied by the 26-member Sandy Hook Elementary School chorus. It was an emotional performance and some players could be seen almost in tears. According to KTVU News in San Francisco:
"The students wore green ribbons on their shirts in honor of the 20 first-graders and six adults who were killed in a Dec. 14 shooting rampage at the school in Newton, Conn."
Hudson herself lost her mother, her brother and her 7-year-old nephew in a shooting a few years ago. Her brother-in-law was found guilty (See that article here: Jennifer Hudson brother-in-law found guilty of murder (Photos))
So, while the San Francisco 49ers lost to the Baltimore Ravens in the Super Bowl XLVII, the halftime show was certainly a winner with everyone.
See photos in the slideshow and the video attached to this article.
Follow Sheila on Twitter (@Sheilamba)
See Sheila's travel channel here