June 24, 2014
- Identify your goals. All your strategies and plans are useless, if you don’t set goals. Just like in real life, planning a step by step process and targeting short term goals to reach long term goals are important to achieve success in social media marketing.
- Be familiar with web analytic tools. Web analytics will help you measure the success in your marketing endeavors. These tools calculate the amount of website traffic and determine which sites get the most number of visitors. At the same time, demographics of visitors are recorded including duration of website visit, language and nationality of the visitors, conversion rates, unique visits and others. Overall, these tool analysis aids to be familiar with the behavior and activities of the customers, which serves as a guide on what, when and where to improve.
- Be familiar with ROI (Return on Investment). This measures and evaluates the efficiency of the investment. You should consider well-defined and realistic goals for a campaign in social marketing.
- Create a strategic plan. Creating strategies for your social media is an easy thing to do, utilizing this strategic plan to your advantage, is a different thing. It is important that you understand how the strategy you created will be useful to your marketing solutions.
- Identify the channels you are using and record past results. Make a list of the current social media activities that you are utilizing. Note how long you’ve been engaging in various activities.
- Appoint a social media focal person for your business. A person knowledgeable with marketing in social media, who can evaluate and analyze the development of your marketing social media efforts is a huge help. Monitoring your progress, will help you stay on track while informing you where and when to perform changes when needed.