Want to burn some quick calories at home, but don't have a lot of time to get to the gym?
Here are six easy, inexpensive movements you can do at home that can help you burn 100 calories in just about ten minutes.
- Jump rope: Skipping rope can burn over 100 calories per minute. Vary your cadence to help make the 10 minutes go by a little quicker.
- Run a mile: At a reasonable ten minute mile pace, running can burn about 100 calories. If you can't run a full mile, briskly walking about a mile and a half can give you the same results.
- Ride a bike fast: Riding between 14-16 miles per hour for ten minutes can burn over 100 calories.
- Inline skating: Have those skates buried somewhere in the closet? Just ten minutes of skating can burn well over 100 calories and turn heads from people wondering if they have just entered a time warp.
- Hula hooping: If you have one lying around, getting those hips moving can burn calories in quick doses.
- Dancing: Turn on the music and get moving. In about 3 or 4 songs, you can kiss those 100 calories goodbye.
These six movements will quickly burn 100 calories before you even have time to realize you don't have a lot of time to exercise. Enjoy!