December 18, 2013
Bye, bye bulges, hello best body! We've got the inside dish from six diet experts on how to boost your weight loss and melt away the pounds. From Jennifer Aniston's yoga instructor to Katy Perry's trainer, here's the skinny:
- Create a perfect portion of almonds by using an Altoids container and filling it with nuts, says celebrity yoga teacher Kristin McGee. Among her popular DVDs: "Kristin McGee Power Yoga" and "Kristin McGee S3 - Strong, Sexy Svelte" (click for details).
- Schedule your fitness commitments like you do your doctor's appointments and make them a priority, says Jennifer Aniston's yoga instructor Mandy Ingber, author of "Yogalosophy: 28 Days to the Ultimate Mind-Body Makeover" (click for details).
- “You can eat 250 calories less and then burn 250 by walking for 30 to 45 minutes. Over a week, that will produce about a pound of weight loss,” Dr. Holly Wyatt, a clinical researcher at the Center for Human Nutrition in Denver, said to Fox News.
- Follow a high protein, low carb diet, according to a study published in The Journal of Nutrition. Study author Donald K. Layman, of the University of Illinois, reported that the amino acid leucine―found in beef, dairy, poultry, fish, and eggs―may help preserve muscle tissue. Learn more about high protein, low carb diets by clicking here.
- Eat on a schedule, says Harley Pasternak, who trains Katy Perry. "Eat proactively and you’ll find you make smarter decisions and eat less." Get more guidance from Harley by clicking here for his book "The Body Reset Diet: Power Your Metabolism, Blast Fat, and Shed Pounds in Just 15 Days."
- Eat clean, says fitness guru Tony Horton. Read more about his weight loss wisdom by clicking here.