Maintaining a Positive Attitude is Good for Business
Here are six ways to build a positive attitude:
1. Be Committed. It took me a couple of years to reach the point I’m at now. I could have given up any time before I got here and I had a million different reasons for doing so. But I knew what I wanted and stuck it out. That’s the first key to success.
2. Accept Challenges. Being your own boss and owner of your own business can be scary and a bit intimidating. It takes guts to leave a 9 to 5 job and start your own empire. It takes guts to have a dream and to go for it. You ultimately determine whether your business succeeds or fails.
3. Be in Control. Keep your mind focused on important things. Set goals and priorities for what you want to do and accomplish. Develop a strategy for dealing with potential problems and when those problems surface, feel confident in your ability to handle them. The worst you can do is fail.
4. Don’t Be Too Critical. There is no use criticizing yourself once you’ve made a mistake. Saying, “I should have landed that account or handled that situation differently” is not going to make any difference at all. It’s just going to drain you of your energy and discourage you. Simply learn from your mistakes and move on.
5. Practice Makes Perfect. The best way to learn for most people is to get out there and start practicing. It can be with friends or relatives, or prospects. Just keep trying.
6. Ask for Help. You want to work for yourself not by yourself. There is nothing wrong with asking for help. Don’t think you’re incompetent simply because you can’t do it all. Professionals hire other professionals to do the job properly. Don’t be afraid to bring in a specialist when you need it.
If I have to warn you that there’s nothing more important than getting the work/family balance right, then the chances are you’re going to learn the hard way. I went into this for the money. But there’s no question that the greatest benefit my business has given me is the extra free time I have to spend with my family. I’m sure if I put that time into building more websites or selling more products, I’d make more money.
But there’s more to life than money!
Bad girl Bynes
Amanda Bynes was arrested after throwing a bong out a window.More crazy antics