Sir Kensington's is an artisanal food company known for its all-natural, handcrafted, scoopable ketchup line. Based in New York City, Sir Kensington's was founded in 2008 and is delighting palettes across the country.
Parents will love that Sir Kensington's has 50% less sugar and 45% less sodium versus other national brands. Instead of something that is overly and fakely sweet, this ketchup has a robust flavor profile that both children and adults will enjoy.
Let’s look at ketchup ingredients to get a better understanding of what families would consume.
Sir Kensington’s ingredients:
Vine-ripened pear tomato puree, agave nectar, honey, raw brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, coriander, lime juice, Allspice, whole onions, green onions, Dijon mustard, chipotle peppers, cilantro, cayenne peppers and secret spices.
Tomato concentrate, high fructose corn syrup, white vinegar, salt, onion powder, “spices.”
Sir Kensington’s ketchup is currently available in two flavors - Classic and Spiced.
The brand recently launched a Non-GMO Project Verified mayonnaise line available in Classic and Chipotle flavors. Both feature sunflower oil, cage free eggs, and are gluten-free. They also boast 33% less saturated fat versus the leading national brand.
Both Sir Kensington’s Ketchup and Mayonnaise can be purchased at Whole Foods for $6 and on SirKensingtons.com for $7 or four for $21.
Enjoy the recipes below courtesy of Sir Kensington’s.
Ingredients, Serves 4
½ tsp. mustard
1 clove garlic, pressed
½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 oil-packed anchovy fillet, mashed with fork
1 tbsp. lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
1 pinch red pepper flakes
2 tbsp. Sir Kensington’s Classic Mayonnaise
1 bunch kale, rough cut
1 oz. Parmesan cheese, shaved
2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds, toasted
1. Add pressed garlic to lemon juice and let sit for 10 minutes to mellow the garlic flavor.
2. Prepare the dressing. Whisk all dressing ingredients together except oil. Gradually whisk in ¼ cup oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Toss dressing with kale. With clean hands, massage the dressing into the chopped kale, squeezing gently as you go. Let the kale sit and soften.
4. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds, shaved Parmesan, and croutons. Serve and enjoy!
Sir Kensington’s Red, White & Bleu Burger
Ingredients, Serves 4
2 lbs ground beef chuck
1 large shallot, finely chopped
3 Tbsp. of Sir Kensington’s Classic Ketchup
1 cup blue cheese
Sir Kensington’s Classic Mayonnaise, tomato, red onion, pickles, and arugula to garnish
2 Tbsp. kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
4 brioche buns
1. Incorporate chuck with shallot, ketchup, egg, salt and pepper. Mix gently.
2. Divide mixture into eight mounds. Pat mounds into four inch patties. Keep the image of a perfect burger in mind.
3. Take one mound and top with 1/4 cup of crumbled blue cheese. Place a second mound on top, patting it onto the other patty to enclose the cheese. Pinch and seal into a single patty. Repeat for remaining three patties.
4. Grill patties, turning over once, until cooked through and still pink in the center.
5. Place patties into buns and top with garnishes, a dollop of Sir Kensington's Ketchup and Mayonnaise.
6. Share with friends and family.
Disclosure: The writer received samples to assess for the purpose of this post. All opinions expressed are solely those of the writer.