Recent studies have shown that being sedentary may lead to chronic illness as well as take years off your life.
Here are just a few ways to move it, move it, move it…or lose it…
- Get off the couch and walk around the house during commercial breaks.
- Stand to read the newspaper or get dressed.
- Move around the house when checking text and e-mail messages on your cell phone.
- Do your own yard work and wash your car by hand instead of using a drive-through car wash.
- Stand and take a break from your computer every 30 minutes.
- Walk to your colleagues’ desks instead of phoning or emailing.
- Drink more water—going to the water fountain and toilet will break up sitting time
- Stand during phone calls.
- Use a height-adjustable desk so you can work standing or sitting.
To receive Ellen Jacob’s articles in your in-box, click SUBSCRIBE TO EMAIL. It’s FREE and your email will never be shared with anyone. Share your funny, cute, awwww! grand-giggles by emailing me at: firstname.lastname@example.org and type GRANDGIGGLES in the Subject Line.