Nothing tastes like homemade fried rice. You can make it vegetarian by not adding meat or spicy by adding extra Thai chilies. The best part of home cooking is it’s MSG free!
This is a simple authentic vegetarian Thai pineapple fried rice recipe which takes only 20 minutes. This colorful tropical dish will bring you to Thailand or Hawaii for a moment. The sweet sour pineapple taste compliments the curry and spice really well. If you like meat in your fried rice, this fried rice goes well with chicken, beef or pork.
Thai pineapple fried rice
Serves 2-3 people
2 cups cooked rice
¼ of fresh pineapple, diced or 1 can of pineapple chunks, drained
3 bunches yu choy or spinach, sliced (use only the leafy green parts)
4 Thai chilies (for spicy lovers!)
1 small onion, sliced
3 garlic shallots, diced
1 tbsp curry powder
½ tsp turmeric powder (optional)
2 tbsp soy sauce
Oil for stir fry (1-2 tbsp)
Coriander (for decoration)
1. Add oil to a medium high heat wok/pan.
2. Sautee the onions, garlic and chilies until fragrant and the onions are slightly translucent (about 2 minutes)
3. Add the green vegetables and stir fry until it’s slightly soft.
4. Now, stir in the pineapples for about 30 seconds.
5. Season the pineapple-vegetable mixture with soy sauce and curry powder.
6. Add rice into the pan and mix it well with the rest of the ingredients.
7. Once the rice is well-mixed, leave a small space in the pan to fry the egg. Crack the egg in the small space and fry it (like making scrambled egg)
8. Incorporate the egg into the rice by stirring (the egg would break into pieces)
9. Do some taste test, adding some soy sauce or curry powder if necessary.
10. Remove from heat and serve warm. Enjoy this homemade fried rice!