The sweet and salty flavors in this Salted Chocolate Almond Fudge recipe turn traditional fudge into an even more extraordinary gift that everyone will adore.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Start to Finish: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Makes: 36 pieces
What you will need:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (6 oz) coarsely chopped smoked almonds
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon Fleur de Sel sea salt, if desired
What you will need to do:
- Line cookie sheet with foil. Line 8-inch square pan with foil.
- In 8-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar, and cook until bubbly. Cook 1 minute longer, stirring occasionally. Add almonds; stir to coat. Spread almonds on cookie sheet. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Break into small pieces.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1 minute longer. Add almonds and dried cherries; stir until blended.
- Spread evenly in 8-inch square pan. Sprinkle with salt. Refrigerate about 2 hours until firm. Cut into 6 rows by 6 rows. Store covered at room temperature.
Faster than a speeding minivan, able to leap piles of laundry in a single bound. It’s a bird, it’s a plane. It’s Supermom!
Please subscribe to the Twin Falls Motherhood Examiner at the link above, this free subscription will ensure you will receive an email each time I post. With great articles coming in Mom - Me Time, Infants, Toddlers & Teens oh my, Moms at the Movies, Fabulous Housewives of Twin Falls, Thrifty Shopping & more, Family Times, Simple & Scrumptious in the Kitchen and On my Soapbox.