These potatoes might not be exactly pink, but more a delightful shade of peach. The addition of a sweet potato adds the color, a terrific flavor, and lots of Vitamin A. Your kids may not want the plain old white ones ever again.
What you will need:
- 3 medium sized white potatoes
- 1 medium sized sweet potato
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Salt & Pepper
What you will need to do:
- Scrub, peel and cut the potatoes into 2 inch chunks.
- Place the potatoes and the garlic cloves in a saucepan with the chicken broth. Add enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Set the pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low and boil for 10-12 minutes. Potatoes will be done when a fork slides easily into the potato.
- Drain the potatoes, reserving 3/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Mash the cooked potatoes with a masher until they are the same color throughout.
- Stir in butter, add the reserved liquid 1/4 cup at a time, until the potatoes are a creamy whipped consistency.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
Makes 10-12 toddler servings or 4 adult servings
Menu idea: Serve with Baked Chicken and Steamed Broccoli.
Please subscribe to Twin Falls Motherhood Examiner for family friendly recipes & more. Subscriptions are free of charge and you may do so by clicking on the link above.You may also "Like" me on Facebook, Twin Falls Motherhood Examiner.