This simple "Lucky clover" border will make a great border for any piece. It was designed as a last minute touch for a St. Patrick's Day blanket, but it would look great in any color on just about any crochet piece you have available.
List of stitches
For this pattern you will need to know the following stitches.
- Slip stitch: SL
- Single crochet: SC
- Half double crochet: HDC
- Double crochet: DC
- Triple crochet: TC
List of materials
Since this is such an easy pattern you do not need much to complete it. Here are the few items you will need.
- Yarn: Any color or weight will be fine, but for St. Patrick's Day I suggest you use a shade of green.
- Crochet hook: You can use any size crochet hook you choose, but I would stick with the same size hook as you used on your main project.
- Yarn needle
- Scissors: Or, whatever you like to use to cut your yarn.
- Row 1: Slip stitch (SL) into any corner to add the new yarn new yarn, **-*(1 SC, CH 2, 1 SC) in the same corner, CH 4, skip 3 stitches (ST) 1 SC in next stitch*, [repeat from * to * until you reach a corner], 1 SC, CH 2, 1 SC, in each corner** [repeat from ** to ** all the way around your piece,] SL in the first SC.
- Row 2: CH 4, **,*(1DC, CH2, 1DC, CH2, 1DC) in the CH 4 sp, SC in the next SC, CH2* [repeat from * to * until you reach a corner], 1 SC in each corner** [repeat from ** to ** all the way around your piece.] End with a SL in the last corner.
- Row 3: *CH 1, (SC, HDC, 2 DC, 2 TC, 2 DC,HDC, SC) in the next CH 2 sp [three times], SC in the next SC, [repeat from * to * all the way around your piece] End with a SL in the first SC of the first clover leaf.
- Bind off, and sew in your ends.
If sharing this pattern, please share the link to this site. You may print a copy for your personal use, but please don’t print copies to share with others without permission.
Have an arts or craft business or event in or around Louisville, Kentucky that you’d like to share? Email ThreesiaGoff@Yahoo.com to learn how to be featured.
Follow Threesia's Louisville Arts and Crafts Examiner column (it's completely anonymous) by clicking subscribe at the top of the page.