You can hardly beat fish for an overall healthy food that's low in calories and has loads of beneficial omega 3. While some people shun seafood because they don't know how to cook fish, it doesn't really take much to bake a quick and delicious fish meal.
This recipe works well with fresh or frozen white fish such as tilapia or cod. I use frozen Alaskan pollack from B.J.'s Wholesale Club, which I thaw in the microwave. For the white wine, I choose Trader Joe's Charles Shaw brand, otherwise known as "three buck Chuck."
- 6 white fish fillets, fresh or thawed from frozen
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt, pepper and dill weed
- lemon juice or hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place fish fillets skin side down in a glass baking dish.
- Pour white wine into the baking dish.
- Lightly sprinkle each filet with salt, pepper and dill weed.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven or until fish is opaque and tender.
- If desired, shake a bit of lemon juice or hot sauce over the fish before serving.