Everyone who is selling their home or about to sell their home should read this. Popular real estate blog HomeGain.com regularly conducts its nationwide home improvement "Home Sale Maximizer"™ survey and past findings from the survey have helped sellers across the country prepare their home for sale. With the contributions of nearly 1,000 realtors, HomeGain recently conducted a new survey of the top 12 low cost, do-it-yourself home improvements that can have a big impact when all is said and done.
Here are the top five nationwide home improvements that Realtors recommend to home sellers, based on average cost and return on investment (ROI).
1. Cleaning and de-cluttering ($200 cost / $1,700 price increase / 872% ROI / 98% recommended)
2. Home staging ($300 cost / $1,780 price increase / 586% ROI / 82% recommended)
3. Lightening and brightening ($230 cost / $1,300 price increase / 572% ROI / 95% recommended)
4. Landscaping ($320 cost / $1,500 price increase / 473% ROI / 94% recommended)
5. Repair Plumbing ($385 cost / $1,250 price increase / 327% ROI / 88% recommended)
Costs for improvements are estimations and may differ in certain regions. For more details on the survey, visit the Home Gain blog.
This survey is great news for anyone going through the process of selling their home. The assumption that a big remodel such as kitchen or bath will be the biggest money maker is false. Some hard work and creative thinking can be all your home needs to help it stand head and shoulders above the rest.
For more information on home staging, decluttering, or professional cleaning please contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org