There are plenty of choices when it comes to Valentine's Day desserts. Mostly chocolate. Like cupcakes, truffles, and mousse.
As an extra bonus, they are so simple and easy to make. So get ready to impress your loved one on Valentine's Day...or any other special day for that matter.
(For a demonstration on how to prepare this delectable treat, just click on the video link below.)
Makes 15 strawberries
15 large fresh strawberries
1/3 cup cold mascarpone cheese (can substitute regular cream cheese)
1/3 cup cold heavy whipping cream
2-3 tablespoons granulated sugar, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cut the green stems off each strawberry so they will stand upright when placed on your serving platter.
- With a small sharp knife, cut an "X" into each strawberry, starting at the top of the strawberry and cutting down almost to the bottom of the strawberry. (The cut should be such that the strawberry will open up but not fall apart.)
- With your fingertips, gently spread each strawberry apart to make "petals." Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whip the mascarpone, heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the cream into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Starting at the bottom of each strawberry, pipe the cream into each strawberry.
- If not serving immediately, cover, and place in the refrigerator until serving time.