Silicon Valley Business On the Edge is becoming known for its annual small business expo and summit. The 3rd Annual theme, “This Girl Is On Fire! Global Women In the Workplace” is expected to be a well attended event. The event is scheduled for Saturday, September 20th, 8am-4pm, from women in business showcasing their products and services to a career fashion show. Business Coach and radio host Margaret Jackson, the presenter of the event is focused on a woman-centric event, highlighting STEM, Arts, and Business. The event is open to women, girls of all ages, and single dads with daughters.
What attendees can expect at the third annual Business on the Edge Expo & Summit event:
• Dr. Tae Yun Kim, CEO of Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions an inspiring and dynamic speaker. She is known for her impact on young girls. Her mantra is “He Can Do, She Can Do, Why Not Me!” Dr. Kim’s, amazing, achievements will be an inspiration to all that attend.
• Power Blast sessions are fueled by global life coach Ida Hardy, and time is running out coach Jackie Welch, they will be sure to ignite the audience with goal-oriented fire and passion to pursue future goals!
• The Power Panel with Bay Area’s professionals, include, San Jose Vice Mayor Madison Nguyen, College Business Instructor Kathy English, Unitek College, Director of Partnership Joellen Sutterfield, and VP Hastest Solutions, Aylia Rizvi. Young enthusiasts can ask the panel questions from STEM to Politics.
• The Career Fashion Show are women leaders modeling career success; encouraging young attendees that they can pursue a future in any industry.
• 2014 Silicon Valley 100 Women of Influence Aylia Rizvi, VP of Hastest Solutions, will present a live test chamber experience for those sciences, technology and engineering lovers.
• Entertainment will be provided by vocalist Twana Ellis, a nuclear engineering employee for the U.S. Government.
• The Expo and Summit are raising funds on an Indiegogo campaign the goals are, to give away three $250.00 back to school scholarships and sponsor 50 girls to attend the event.
• College students, high school and middle school students, will learn to network with business owners, public figures, and career professionals.
This Girl Is On Fire! Global Women In the Workplace is the event of the year to attend, if you are a female. Raising up today’s daughters, is an experience for mothers and daughters to be shared for a lifetime. Tickets are available on Eventbrite.
San Jose Women’s Business Examiner invite you to subscribe by clicking subscribe at the top of the page.