A Rowan County, NC, witness at Salisbury reported watching a silent, unknown object hovering at a nearby tree line with four square-shaped lights, according to March 5, 2013, testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness had just stepped outside to let the dog in when the unusual lights were first noticed.
"I looked up and saw four hovering, square-shaped lights about tree height above me," the witness stated. "I was unable to get a clear view of the object due to cloud cover. However I could clearly see the lights through the cloud cover."
The witness first thought the object might be a helicopter.
"But I heard no sound and the lights were in a square shape. I watched the object for about 10 minutes and then they just vanished ."
No images or videos were included with the MUFON report, which was filed March 5, 2013. The events occurred on November 14, 2012. Salisbury is a town in Rowan County, NC, population 33,663.
Recent North Carolina coverage includes:
- North Carolina witnesses describe triangle objects one hour apart
- Diamond UFO spotted at tree line over small North Carolina town
- Skeptic expresses fear after low UFO encounter in North Carolina
- Black triangle UFO approaches witness silently in North Carolina
- Charlotte witness can't identify 11 lights moving in formation
- North Carolina teens discover UFOs appear on Thursday nights
- North Carolina witnesses watch hovering object over nearby field
- Witness says UFO moves out of North Carolina cloud formation
- National reports of 'fireball objects' on the increase over past year
- North Carolina teen watches seven triangle UFOs under 40 feet
- North Carolina family reports objects hovering over Lake Wylie
- Witness describes orbs in triangle formations over North Carolina
- Hundred foot oval object reported over Long View, North Carolina
- Two triangle UFOs move low over North Carolina neighborhood
- North Carolina hillside lights up close to witnesses' home
North Carolina is a current UFO ALERT 5 rating, with a low number of UFO sightings nationally. North Carolina had 12 reports in February 2012 - the 8th highest reporting state while California had 53 reports - the highest reporting state in the nation.
You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page.
The following is the unedited report filed with MUFON. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or manmade. If North Carolina MUFON State Director Lakita Adams investigates and reports back on this case, I will release an update. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
November 14, 2012, Salisbury, Rowan County, NC - Hovering Square Shaped Lights. Case 46047.
I went to let my dog inside. Something cought my eye and I looked up an saw four hovering square shaped lights about tree-height above me . I was unable to get a clear view of the object due to cloud cover. However I could clearly see the lights through the cloud cover . At first I thought it could be a helicopter . But I heard no sound and the lights were in a square shape . I watched the object for about ten minutes and then they just vanished .