Even though there's still a lot of snow on the ground, it's time to be thinking about events this Spring. The price of the Minnesota Ironman Bike Ride will be going up tomorrow, so register for one of the rides today.
The Minnesota Ironman Bike Ride said that 1,000 riders have registered in the last few weeks. So far, 11 states are represented with most riders coming from Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Here are a few notes about the ride:
1. This is the 48th year. They average about 4,000 participants in recent years.
2. Routes vary in length: 15, 30, 60 and 100 miles for this year.
3. 65% of the riders do rank themselves as experienced riders.
4. They consider their ride the "kick-off" to the Minnesota Cycling Season.
5. You can register online or save the fees by using our mail-in form. Find both on their website at www.IronmanBikeride.org.
Click here for their website to register or to learn more.