The Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center is part art gallery, part performing arts center and part art, music and theater school. During its inaugural 2009-2010 season, over 65,000 guests visited the Art Center. In addition, its outreach programs were presented to thousands of children through area schools, at-risk organizations and hospitals.
Every month, the Art Center takes great pains to present a mix of cutting-edge art exhibits, concerts, musical and theatre performances and other culturally-enriching events. February 2013 furthers this commitment to quality programs:
- Friday, February 1: “Morphic Adaptations” opens from 6-10 p.m. in conjunction with Art Walk, featuring new work by biomorphic surrealist Cindy Jane.
- Mondays, February 4, 11, 18, 25: As this year's Fort Myers Film Festival quickly approaches, Monday nights is the time for FMff mixers featuring exciting previews and lively discussion of the short films that are in consideration for the Fort Myers Film Festival. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for cocktails, with the film airing at 7 and the after-film discussion continuing until 9 p.m. The cost is just $5 per person.
- Friday, February 8: the Curtis Institute Chamber Concert comes to the Grand Atrium at 8 p.m. Tickets cost $25.
- Thursday, February 14: Connect Networking Mixer will take place in the context of a special Valentine's buffet-style luncheon provided by Gwendolyn's Cafe. Connect Networking offers area residents and visitors the opportunity to expand their business and personal relationships by getting to know each other and connect in their community. There will be raffle prizes, music and mingling. Ticket cost $25.
- Friday, February 15: For Music Walk this February, the entertainment will be provided by Cat Daddys Blues Band from 7- 10 p.m. with Dancing at the Davis: Groovy 70's Party taking place 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. As with Art Walk, Music Walk is free with tickets for Dancing at the Davis costing just $5 per person.
- Sunday, February 24: Cotillion Valentine's Dances take place from 2- 9 p.m.
- Monday, February 25: The Berne Davis Lecture Series brings author David Hagberg to the Grand Atrium from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The cost of attending the lecture only is $25; lecture and lunch is $35.
- Thursday, February 28: Art & Poetry Networking Mixer takes place in the Atrium from 8- 11 p.m. Admission is $5.