"Administrators at Seattle Children's today said they predicted this would happen, and it's even worse than they expected," KING-5 said.
According to KING, those being denied services are covered by insurance providers on the Washington state health benefits exchange.
The hospital filed request on behalf of 125 patients, receiving only 20 responses. Eight of those, KING added, were denials.
Dr. Sandy Melzer said this comes after reassurances certain unique specialty cases would still be covered.
"Well, some of the patients who were denied are ones who clearly would fall into that unique category," he said. "A two-year-old with new significant neck mass that was being evaluated for infection or malignancy, an older child with a chronic severe medical condition requiring multidisciplinary care here, a baby that had a skull abnormality."
KING-5 said Children's Hospital treated those cases anyway but Dr. Melzer said the hospital simply can't afford to keep doing that.
A post at Jammie Wearing Fools called it "another Obamacare success story."
"If you like your severe medical condition, you can keep it," the blog said. "He’s doing it for the children. Seriously, if this were a GOP policy failure a story like this would be leading newscasts across the country for days."
Obama frequently said that no one with pre-existing conditions would be denied coverage.
"Health insurance plans can't refuse to cover you or charge you more just because you have a pre-existing health condition," Healthcare.gov says. "Being sick won't keep you from getting health coverage. An insurance company can't turn you down or charge you more because of your condition."
The site also claims this is true "even if you have been turned down or refused coverage due to a pre-existing condition in the past."
- White House admits: Despite promises, some will lose current insurance coverage
- Sebelius releases dismal Obamacare figures as millions lose coverage
- Video: Obamacare navigators suggest enrollees use fraud, deceit
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow 'forced' home inspections by gov't agents
- Obamacare operator fired for taking Hannity call gets year's salary
- Video: Kathleen Sebelius says she doesn’t work for people who want her to resign
- Nancy Pelosi: GOP ‘sabotage’ hindering implementation of Obamacare
- Liberals blame Koch brothers, Tea Party conspiracy for Obamacare site failure
- Juan Williams blames GOP for Obamacare software failures (Video)
- Dem. Rep. John Conyers: Massive Obamacare law a ‘very small and modest bill’
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Liberty Unyielding, Tea Party Tribune and PolitiCollision.