Today marks the start of poker season in Las Vegas! Hundreds of Spring and Summer poker events require hiring hundreds (even thousands) of temporary poker dealers across Nevada. Major tournaments include:
- Card Player Magazine Poker Tour at Wynn Las Vegas (12 events plus satellites) - February 28th through March 21st, 2013
The Venetian Deep Stack Extravaganza II (over 60 events) - March 28th through April 24th, 2013
- 2013 WPT World Championship at Bellagio Hotel & Casino (Main Event plus a Super High Roller Event) - May 18th through May 24th, 2013
2013 Orleans Open at The Orleans Hotel & Casino (9 events) - May 18th through May 26th, 2013
- 44th Annual World Series of Poker at Rio All-suite Hotel & Casino (62 events) - May 29th through July 15th, 2013
The Grand Poker Series at the Golden Nugget (88 events) - June 1st through July 7th, 2013
Over 240 tournament events plus hundreds of satellites, each with multiple tables, multiple dealer rotations and huge events like the WSOP running hundreds of tables during the Main Event add up to over a thousand temporary dealer positions available citywide for the period of March through mid-July.
Most casino poker dealer positions have minimum requirements similar to those of the WSOP shown below.
- Has a minimum of six months full-time or one-year part-time verifiable recent experience as a poker dealer in a licensed poker facility.
- Can deal and run all flop, draw and seven card tournament games in limit, no-limit and pot-limit formats.
- Must be a team player with a friendly outgoing personality and good customer service skills.
- Presents a neat, professional appearance and practices good personal hygiene at all times.
- Uses good math skills to calculate pots and to take required rakes quickly and correctly.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Applications are required for anyone who did not deal the 2012 WSOP
- All candidates must successfully pass a WSOP Dealer's Audition.
- Candidates must process and obtain a Nevada Gaming License prior to the start of the WSOP.
Auditions began in February and will continue until all positions are filled. Recent Dealer School Graduates are also invited to apply and audition and must list the name of their school and graduation date on their application. A graduation certificate must be presented at the audition.
Caesars Entertainment and the WSOP also run an in-house Poker Dealer Academy sanctioned by Post-secondary Education of Nevada. Students attend the academy 25 hours per week for 5 weeks (5 hours a day 5 days a week). $200 Tuition and is payable at the time of processing. For more information call (702) 777-7617. Classes are limited. For a complete listing of WSOP employment opportunities visit the Caesars Entertainment Careers page.