Note: There are several ways to search for a job. This series talks about positioning yourself in your current company so you may find your next job to be a promotion with your current employer.
Customers are not the most orally vocal group. In fact most customers that do not find you to add the value which they desire will silently walk away. Yet the same customers speak very loudly with their wallets and body language. The question is, can you hear their message?
As the world’s largest retailer, Walmart is costly getting requests from special interest groups to carry this particular line of product or drop another line of product. Unlike other chains they turn a deaf ear to boycott threats with the standard response, “our customers will tell us what they want at the cash register”.
Leaders also understand that they need to let their customers talk to them through the products that they purchase, services they request or items they are seeking to buy but you must reply you do not offer it. When customers ask a question analyze their inquiry after they leave in order to discern their hidden communication.
- Michigan Works support centers offers job transition support.
- Lesson in interviewing, a tip of what you should not say to recruiters.
- How to write a killer resume.
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect - The official website for job hunters seeking new careers and employers looking to post jobs and hire employees in Michigan.
- Unemployment Insurance Agency - Manages unemployment taxes and insurance. Learn key job seeking information.
- Veterans Employment Services, information regarding Michigan jobs, careers and employment assistance for Veterans.
- Michigan Rehabilitation Services, Works with individuals with disabilities to prepare for and obtain employment.
- “How to Find a Job When There Are No Jobs”: a necessary job search book and career planning guide for surviving and prospering in today's hyper competitive job market.
- “301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions”.
- “Your Social Media Job Search”: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, and other tools to get the job you want!
- “101 Weird Ways to Make Money”: Unusual jobs that produce good pay with little competition.