Can a wedding planner really save you money?
In today's economy, everyone wants to stretch their dollars as far as possible; and, when it comes to weddings, now more than ever, it's essential to know how to get the most bang for your buck. For example, did you know the average New York City wedding is currently costing around $35,000 for around 100 people? An experienced wedding planner can help you obtain the best catering, florist, music, and, other wedding necessities for least amount of money.
Where to start to find a wedding planner
The best place to start is within your own circle of friends, family, and, co-workers. Word of mouth and referrals are usually the most reliable and dependable means of finding a good wedding planner for your own wedding. After finding two or three wedding planners, make an appointment for a consultation, most offer the appointment free.
On the day of your appointment with each wedding planner you see, follow the suggestions below:
- Ask to see photos of weddings they have planned
- Don't be afraid to ask for references (especially if you're going to a wedding planner not recommended by friends, co-workers or family)
- Be sure the planner understands your budget and doesn't try to "up sell" services that you can't afford
- If the "chemistry" is right then that planner is probably the one for you. (For example, if you seem to have the same ideas and taste when comes to fashion, food, etc. with the wedding planner, then, more likely than not you will work well together and you'll have the wedding of your dreams.)
- Get it in writing (from how the wedding planner is paid to cancellation penalties should the wedding be postponed or cancelled)
Lastly, keep in mind the best wedding planners come in under budget and help you have a stress-free and enjoyable wedding that you'll remember for the rest of your life!