Follow these 5 steps to transform your body over the next 30 days, and be ready for shorts season.
1) Go Bread Free: Going bread-free for 30 days is such a simple way to accelerate fat loss. Just think of all the extra carbs and calories that you'll be saving yourself from. And it's not so bad, once you get used to it. Wrap sandwiches and burgers in lettuce or on top of a pile of greens.
2) Add 1 extra workout per week: Take the next 30 days to really focus your efforts in the gym or during your home workouts. Train as if you were preparing yourself for an athletic event, with the mindset that each and every workout is important in seeing you through your goal. Simply add 1 workout per week for the next 4 weeks. Then go back to your regular schedule as your body will only handle that level of intensity for about a month.
3) Go Sugar Free: Sugar is the biggest thing holding you back when it comes to dropping fat and getting lean. And not just refined sugar. I'm talking about all sugars. Take the next 30 days to cut out all sweeteners and limit your intake of sweet fruits. This will be hard at first, especially if you have a sweet tooth, but the rapid change in your body is fantastic incentive to keep going.
4) Focus on Protein and Veggies: Enough about all the things you can't eat, let's talk about what you can eat. Your meals should be a variety of protein and veggies. For protein stick with organic, hormone-free meat that has been roasted, baked or grilled. For veggies, avoid starchy veggies like potatoes, and instead stick with an assortment of colorful, fiber-filled veggies.
5) Walk 30 minutes per day: When I set up programs I always include walking. It’s very helpful in reaching your goals.
The quickest way to get your body into tip-top shape is to start with a visit to your doctor and implement these five steps to get you started!
Information: Fitness and More Inc. Image: Freedigitalphotos.net