"To insure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life."--William Londen
Once again, it’s National Farmers Market Week, and there is no better way to celebrate during the week of Aug. 3 than to visit some of the local organic markets and stock up on the delicious foods the South Florida community has to offer.
- Coconut Grove Organic Farmers Market is South Florida’s oldest market. They offer produce, vegan foods, salads, pizzas, sweet treats, and many other tasty organic products that will satisfy any craving. They're open to the public every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at 3300 Grand Avenue in Coconut Grove.
- Pinecrest Gardens Green Market is a vivacious market featuring organic produce, artisan bakers, fresh juices, local honey, and many other delicious items that anyone can enjoy. The green market is open to the public every Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 5855 S.W. 111th Street in Pinecrest.
- Lincoln Road Farmers Market is a great place to meet new people and try new organic foods. Friendly smiles and colorful products welcome visitors at every tent and beautiful flowers attract every nose that passes by. Lincoln road is open every Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on 738 Lincoln Road in Miami Beach.
- Brothers Farmers Market is a popular market in South Florida with a large selection of USDA-certified organic products. Make sure to check out their Hollywood location at 4191 N State Road 7, and their Davie location at 6807 Stirling Road. Both locations are open Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sundays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Palm Beach Gardens Summer Green Market offers a large variety of seafood, produce, cheeses, breads, and other products that will please any taste bud! They even have live music to enjoy while shopping around. They are open on Sundays from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 10500 N Military Trail in Palm Beach Gardens.