Fell's Point Main Street is kicking off the War of 1814 Battle for Baltimore Bicentennial Celebration! From sails flying to mock battle re-enactments to full scale land invasion of living history, there is something for everyone. Enjoy music, dance, kid's activities, arts, crafts, food, and libations at the 10th Annual Fell's Point, MD, Privateer Festival!
What: 10th Annual Fell's Point Privateer Festival
When: April 11-13, 2014
Where: Throughout the Fell's Point neighborhood
What: Festival will feature performances by:
- The Pyrates Royale
- House of Cadarn
- Valhalla's Pirates
- And more
The 10th Annual Fell's Point Privateer Festival will also include the launching of the 1814 Living History Pier. This event is sponsored by the Baltimore National Heritage Area. Activities include:
- Come dressed in your best Privateer Garb!
- Maryland Boys Choir
- North Point Sharp Shooter Demonstrations
- Displays and presentations by: Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine, NPS Star-Spangled Banner National Historic Trail, Maryland Historical Society, and other organizations from across the Maryland region offering a glimpse into the lives and times of Privateers.
Itinerary of Activities
Friday, April 11, noon to 9 p.m.
- Maritime Merchandise Market opens at noon.
- Bicentennial Bash on Broadway Square, 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 12, and Sunday, April 13, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Live Music and Free Entertainment - Traditional and Modern
- Craft, Food, and Maritime Merchandise Market
- Children's Activities and Entertainment Pier
- Sea Battle, featuring authentic schooners
- Mock battle re-enactments
- Tall Ships
- Dockside ship tours and cruises
- Urban Pirates' Family Adventure and Adult Cruises
- Grog Garden
- Nautical Pet Costume Contest
- Sailors Bar Crawl