Think that losing weight as you get older is more difficult? Wrong, says "The Talk" co-host Sharon Osbourne. In her late 50s, she discovered the ketogenic high fat low carb Atkins diet and has lost about 30 pounds, according to the Huffington Post. Summing up her feelings about the Atkins plan, Sharon tweeted on March 7 a photo of herself holding a copy of "The New Atkins Made Easy: A Faster, Simpler Way to Shed Weight and Feel Great -- Starting Today!" with a comment "My bible!!"
And her daughter Kelly was quick to respond, complimenting ""Looking skinny Mumma! check you out with your #BAD self!" reported OK magazine on March 7.
Sharon also posted the photo of herself with "The New Atkins Made Easy: A Faster, Simpler Way to Shed Weight and Feel Great -- Starting Today!" in her hand on her Facebook page on March 7, receiving more than 9,000 "Likes" from fans with comments such as "You look awesome."
An official ambassador for the Atkins diet, Sharon also has blogged her success and provided details of her weight loss plan. A sample day follows:
- Breakfast: Spinach, Swiss Chard and Cheese Bake
- Snack: Atkins Caramel Nut Chew
- Lunch: Roast beef and a salad
- Snack: Atkins Advantage Coconut Almond Delight Bar
- Dinner: Roast pork loin with sauteed squash
Sharon's meals are planned for fat-burning ketogenic weight loss and range between 3.4 to 7.3 net carbs daily. Learn more:
- Get the details on how the Atkins diet works to maximize your body's fat-burning abilities by clicking here.
- And get insights from a dietitian on how ketogenic diets boost fat-burning by clicking here.
- Find out about the "New Atkins for a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great" weight loss guide by clicking here.
- Learn about the "The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook: 200 Simple and Delicious Low-Carb Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less."