A Sharon Osbourne fire incident nearly turned into a major disaster a few nights ago, but luckily the blaze, started by an unextinguished candle, was put out by firefighters. However, it was not without injury, as husband Ozzy suffered a few minor issues as a result of the fire.
As reported on Jan. Jan. 17 by MSN Wonderwall, the fire began due to a candle which exploded in a glass vase at night. The couple had left the candle going before falling asleep. Apparently, that explosion in the glass vase sparked a small fire in the living room. Firefighters were quickly called about the incident and were able to dowse the flames. Sharon went on to say later that she was thankful for their quick help.
Sharon recounted the incident on Thursday's episode of "The Talk," saying:
"Everybody is fine. There was only Ozzy, myself and the dogs in the house last night. At five o'clock (in the morning), I heard a noise like metal had fallen. I thought it was my housekeeper coming in and she had dropped her keys on the tiles, that's what it sounded like, so I didn't pay any attention. A few minutes later, my eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up, (I thought) 'Something's weird smelling in here."
Sharon added that Ozzy had just had an operation on his hand on Wednesday and was wearing a full cast on it, yet he tried to use that hand to put out the fire. While it doesn't seem Ozzy suffered anything extreme, using the recently-operated-on hand to squash a fire doesn't help with recovery. Sharon continued with:
"Ozzy's front of his hair from (his ear down is), gone! His eyebrows (are gone). ... He's got like, skinned cheeks. We are, like, two idiots -- it was like 'The Three Stooges.' ... Everything you are not meant to do -- go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on -- we did it all."
On Thursday's episode of "The Talk," Sharon also publicly apologized to her hubby, vowing she would never leave a candle going like that again. Luckily for the couple, there were no serious injuries and no extreme damage to their Beverly Hills home.
Sharon Osbourne appears weekdays on the CBS talk show, "The Talk," which is seen on Roanoke Cox Cable channel WDBJ 7.