Sharon Osbourne fire starter? Yup!
TMZ reported Thursday that the no-nonsense TV personality and wife of rock-god Ozzy Osbourne went to bed without extinguishing a candle Wednesday night. A fire broke out, and the Beverly Hills Fire Department responded quickly. TMZ says members of the BHFD were on-scene at 4:45 a.m. Thursday morning and were able to control the flames before the fire caused extensive damage.
Sharon Osbourne Fire: TV Personality Reminds Fans to 'Check Candles Before Bed'
The Sharon Osbourne fire early this morning illustrates the importance of fire safety at all times. No matter who you are, remember: fire always wins.
Never leave a lit candle unattended in your home. Unless you're having a large party spread through multiple rooms, there is no good reason to have a candle lit in a room you aren't it. If you are hosting a party or other event where you have lots of candles lit, make sure someone goes around to check every room before bed or leaving a home unoccupied. Period. Think you're coming right back? Blow it out anyway. It is too easy to get distracted, tired or just plain forgetful. You can always re-light your candle, you can't un-burn your house down.
Sharon agrees. The Osbourne matriarch told TMZ directly, "Please everybody, always check all the candles lit in [your] house before going to bed. I didn't, and at 5 a.m. this morning I was met with five gorgeous men from the BH Fire Department as they put out the fire in my house."