Every year, it is the guilty pleasure that so many people look forward to, and so many aren't afraid to admit it either. This time, Shark Week is in its twenty-seventh year and Rob Lowe is in full control. All the new action begins on the evening of Sunday, Aug. 10, 2014, but it starts much earlier in the day with stuff from the past so check the television listing below so you don't miss a thing. As of Aug. 7, 2014, the full schedule was released per IB Times.
The first day's shows begin really early so fans, new and old, can catch up on different series from the past years. The Discovery Channel is going to air a bunch of older shows about the beats of the deep and some of the most popular creatures in the world - sharks.
Returning this year will be the awesome talk show, "Shark After Dark Live, and it will be a fitting end to each and every evening of Shark Week 2014. Josh Wolf will host the nightly talk show with celebrity guests, sharks experts, and much more.
For Shark Week 2014, let's check out the very first day's television schedule.
Times listed are all Eastern Standard Time:
- 11:00 a.m. - "Day of the Shark" (2008)
- 12:00 p.m. - "Day of the Shark II" (2009)
- 1:00 p.m. - "Great White Gauntlet" (2013)
- 2:00 p.m. - "Jaws Come Home" (2011)
- 3:00 p.m. - "How Jaws Changed the World" (2012)
- 4:00 p.m. - "Shark Fight" (2012)
- 5:00 p.m. - "Rogue Sharks" (2011)
- 6:00 p.m. - "Top Ten Shadkdown" (2013)
- 7:00 p.m. - "Return of Jaws" (2013)
That is the early schedule, but the new shows of Shark Week 2013 begin at 8:00 p.m. EST.
- 8:00 p.m. - "Air Jaws: Fin of Fury"
- 9:00 p.m. - "Shark of Darkness: Wrath of Submarine"
- 11:02 p.m. - "Shark After Dark LIVE"
- 12:00 a.m. - "Shark of Darkness: Wrath of Submarine" - Rerun from earlier
- 2:00 a.m. - "Shark After Dark LIVE" - Rerun from earlier
Remember, this is just going to be day one of Shark Week 2014. There is a whole week ahead of fans that are looking to enjoy the carnage and learn more about the creatures that have ownership of the deepest waters of the world.