Cupcakes are baked throughout the year for various occasions or just a treat. These little cakes can be made from scratch or a boxed cake mix. Once they are cooled they are ready to eat. But looking at a batch of cupcakes straight from the oven screams out to you that something is missing. Cupcakes just aren’t the same until they are frosted. Homemade butter cream frosting is easy to make. Only four ingredients can turn these treats from great to fabulous. When the family hears you made the frosting yourself they know you are sharing your love as well as dessert with them.
- 3 ¾ cups of confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup of butter or 1 stick, softened
- 3-4 tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Use an electric mixer on low to beat the frosting until completely mixed, smooth and spreadable.
- If frosting is too thick add a tablespoon at a time of milk until it is spreadable and feels right for frosting.
- If the frosting is too thin add a few tablespoons of confectioner’s sugar one at a time until the consistency is just right.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: