1. Life
  2. Family & Parenting
  3. Family

Shaniya Davis- day of judgement for murderer drawing near

Antoinette & Shaniya Davis/   AP photo
   Antoinette Davis                                Shaniya Davis/ AP photo

We won’t soon forget the horrific death of Shaniya Davis, the beautiful little girl that was sold by her mother to pay off a drug debt. Mario McNeill has been charged with first-degree murder and first-degree rape and kidnapping of a child.  Authorities report that Shaniya was strangled to death. Her body was found mixed in with deer carcass in bags and overlooked at first.

Antoinette Davis is ch

arged with trafficking her daughter, child abuse and prostitution.

She is being held at the North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women.  Shaniya’s father, Bradley Lockhart  told Oprah last month that Davis hadMario McNeill with Shaniya Davis/  photo fayettevillepolicedept.com trafficked the child to pay off a drug debt.

The Day of Judgment is drawing near. It was reported Wednesday by the Cumberland Co. Courthouse that the new date set for Mario McNeill is currently January 20, 2010 for the kidnapping, returning on the 27th,  for the rape and murder charges.

Shaniya Davis was a sweet little angel who always wore a smile on her face. Thru her death she has reached out and touched many who didn’t know her, but loved her just the same. She will be missed and remembered by a family who loves her dearly, and by strangers who continue to pray for the loss of innocence and a life too short lived.

Read also:  5-year-old Shaniya Davis’s funeral paid by Shaquille O’Neil

Comments

• Charisse Van Horn: U.S. Headlines Examiner 4 years ago

Is Antoinette Davis related to a celebrity?

• Maria- the author 4 years ago

Charisse- Not to my knowledge. This article is more about family tragedy and a reminder to all parents to love and care for all kids. Shaniya wasn't a celebrity either, but I was compelled to write her story. She touched my heart, and that of many.

• Where have you been??? 4 years ago

Does Charisse Van Horn: U.S. Headlines Examiner live under a rock??? Is Antoinette Davis related to a celebrity??? What a knucklehead...

• Becky, Cleve. Family Examiner 4 years ago

I still can't believe that this happened to such a sweet looking girl. I'm still in shock.

• Rachelle 4 years ago

Its for me to understand why this little girl stays on my mind just about everyday. Maybe because I have a little 3 yr old or just the fact that she looks like a little angel. I hope that the mom and the killer rot in jail even though they dont even deserve to be allowed to eat drink or breath until they are judged. Just take them out back and get rid of them!!! She is in heaven now bless her little soul. Please keep this Ohio girl in the loop about those losers. May they get the death penalty.

• Rachelle 4 years ago

I will be watching anything I can on these idiots who hurt this baby! Thank you for the update. It is a new year and I am still waiting for justice for these unfeeling people. I hope the mother is being taunted everyday in prison. God have mercy on the little one she is carrying! Poor child has to have loser parents!!!!!

• Natalie 4 years ago

I often think of her and there have no recent updates on her story. I hope they rot in prison and and realize what a beautiful little angel that they harmed.