If you’re planning a cruise to or from Shanghai and want to spend some land time before or after the voyage, the 229-room PuLi Hotel & Spa has a deal for you. According to a press release the hotel is offering a 72 Hours in Shanghai package that takes advantage of Shanghai’s 72- hour visa-free transit rule that allows visitors visa-free access into the city for 72-hours or less.
Rates start at about $1,450.00 (for two) and include:
- · Accommodations for two nights in a Grand Room boasting tranquil views overlooking JingAn Park
- · Round-trip transfers to and from either Pudong or Hongqiao airport
- · A bottle of Champagne upon arrival
- · Daily breakfast
- · 60-minute signature massage guaranteed to rejuvenate after the long flight
- · Five-course dinner tasting menu at JingAn for two
- · Afternoon tea including a champagne toast for two
- · Free pressing or laundry
- · A special PuLi gift of a Foo Dog, Mandarin Duck or Tang Doll upon departure
Accommodations feature a master bedroom, lounge area and soaking tub with a window looking out at the city skyline and JingAn Park. A welcome touch is the salubrious Anantar Spa that provides the perfect panacea for jet lag after long flights into Asia. There’s also the highly-rated Jing’An restaurant where executive chef Michael Wilson creates a menu of dishes such as beef tartar paired with kimchi and pickled daikon; black cod filet with black radish, eggplant and shiitake mushrooms and braised rib of beef paired with roasted parsnips.
The ‘72-Hours in Shanghai’ offer must be booked a minimum of 48-hours in advance. The offer is valid from December 1, 2013 to August 31, 2014. To book call +86 21 3203 9999, or e-mail email@example.com. For more information, visit www.thepuli.com.
Here are a few of the cruises that stop in Shanghai from http://www.cruisecompete.com/vacations/departs/shanghai/1:
7 Nights - China, South Korea, Japan starting in Shanghai with stops in Keelung, Hualien, Kaohsiung, Taichung 2013 Sails: Sept. 30
4 Nights - China, South Korea strting in Shanghai with stops in Cheju, Incheon 2013 Sails: Oct. 7
- Viking River, Viking Emerald 12 Nights - 2013 : Imperial Jewels of China - Shanghai to Beijing 12 Days - Starting in Shanghai with stops in Wuhan, Yueyang, Three Gorges & Three Gorges Dam, Three Gorges & Lesser Three Gorges, Shibaozhai, Xi'an, Beijing
2013 Sails: Sept. 28, Oct. 8, Oct. 18, Nov.17
10 Nights - Impressions of China & the Yangtze (2013) : Century Legend
10 Days - Starting in Shanghai with stops in Yichang, Cruising the Yangtze River, Cruising the Yangtze River, Shibaozhai, Beijing
2013 Sails: Oct. 13, Oct. 20
- Crystal Cruises, Crystal Serenity 5 Nights - 4303B - Asian Immersion: Crystal Getaways
5 Days - Starting in Shanghai with stops in Cruising the Strait of Taiwan, Hong Kong
2014 Sails: Feb. 17