As a Certified Specialist in Sports Nutrition and diet book author, if there's one thing I love more than healthy food, it's healthy game day eats you can serve a crowd of hungry sports fans. Add to this, game day party foods that help you lose weight and score flat, sexy abs and you've got a super, go-to game day food game plan.
Kickoff your game day party with the Sexy Abs Playbook© Game Day Guacamole (see recipe below), and "keep the party going" with:
In addition to the abs trimming Sexy Abs Diet© & Sexy Abs Workout©, the soon to be released Sexy Abs Playbook© includes game day food “recipe make-overs” like the following Sexy Abs Game Day Guacamole recipe, that are healthy without sacrificing taste or satiety:
Sexy Abs Playbook Game Day Guacamole
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (See nutritional information below)
• 4 nice sized, ripe *avocados, pitted, peeled, and diced
• ¾ cup red onion, minced
• ½ cup chopped fresh *cilantro
• 2 *Roma Tomatoes seeded, diced
• ½ cup Fat Free Plain *Greek Yogurt (optional)
• ¼ - ½ teaspoon *cayenne pepper
• 1 small clove *garlic, mashed
• 2 Tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
Sea salt & fresh black pepper to taste
*Indicates Sexy Abs Super Foods & Spices
- Place the avocado cubes in a medium size bowl and gently mash with a fork leaving some large chunks.
- Add lime-juice, ¼ tsp. sea salt (less or more to taste), black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, and cilantro (reserve some cilantro for garnish) mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl combine the fat free plain Greek Yogurt, cilantro and ¼ teaspoon (or less if desired) sea salt. Set aside.
- Transfer avocado mixture to a suitably sized serving bowl.
- Top with a large dollop of the fat free Greek yogurt mixture, diced Roma tomatoes, diced red onion, and chopped cilantro right before serving.
Serve with assorted raw, fresh cut veggies, jicama sticks, and baked chips.
Until next time...keep the party going ~ Aprilanne
Recipe makes 8 servings
Serving Size (1/4 cup)
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 175, calories from Fat 135
Total Fat 15.0g = 23% (healthy fat)
Saturated Fat 2.1g = 11%
Cholesterol 0mg = 0%
Sodium 8mg = 0%
Total Carbohydrates 11.6g = 4%
Dietary Fiber 7.2g = 29%
Recipe Nutritional Highlights:
• No cholesterol
• Very low in sodium
• High in dietary fiber
• Very high in vitamin B6
• High in vitamin C
Aprilanne Hurley's Party Girl Diet book is available on Amazon with a limited time offer to receive a FREE Party Girl Diet Kindle Edition when you purchase a copy of the book. Subscribe to Aprilanne Hurley's RSS on Examiner.com at the top of this page for hot off the press nutrition news, and release updates for her Sexy Abs Playbook© coming to Amazon Fall 2013.