‘Sexting’ is the latest term used to describe using a cell phone to send semi- to nude photographs. Teens all across the country are now facing child pornography charges resulting from distributing these photos to friends and classmates. In
This is a great opportunity to speak with children about some of the potential dangers of ‘sexting’. Take a moment and share this video and the following articles with your teens and talk about some of the consequences that a child could face using their cell phone inappropriately.
Take a look at this video:
Articles about 'sexting':
1. 'Sexting' Teen May Face Child Porn Charges - ABC news
2. 'Sexting' Surprise Teens face child porn charges - MSNBC.com
Here is a short list of some of the dangers of ‘sexting’:
1: Photos could be distributed on the Internet
2. Potential criminal charges
3. School Suspension
5. Open yourself up to victimization.
6. Perception that you are easy
Technology is a wonderful thing but it definitely brings its challenges.