Having sex with the ex seems to be a fairly typical part of the breakup process for young adults, or says a new study. But those of us who are older and wiser know this is risky business.
According to a recent study, 43 percent of women admit to regularly sleeping with an ex while searching for someone new.
Female participants reported several reasons for seeking sex with a former partner, according to Seeking Arrangements:
1. “Missed physical intimacy.”
2. “Wanted to re-start the relationship.”
3. “Things went too far after too much to drink.”
5. “Bumped into each other on a night out and ‘it seemed like a good idea.”
A Few Things to Mull Over Before Sex With The Ex:
1. Don’t forget the reasons for your divorce. If your marital problems were so severe that divorce was your only option, do you really want to sleep with the ex? If you divorce someone to get him/her out of your life inviting him/her back in for intimate get together is only inviting him/her back into your life.
2. The person you are now considering having sex with is the same person you no longer wanted share your life. Don’t fool yourself into thinking that only sharing intimacy won’t give this person access to other parts of your life.
3. Who else has your ex had sex with? Is he/she dating and is there a possibility they’ve been intimate with others? You may think that sex with your ex is safe, both emotionally and physically but, are you sure? Don’t take it for granted that sex with your ex is safe sex. Always be sure to protect yourself by using a condom and some form of birth control.
In the end, if you decide to have sex with your ex it is important to be honest with yourself and your ex. Discuss your expectations, make sure you are both on the same page and that no one is being fooled by the new intimate relationship.
The Real Cougar Woman is a 5-carat diamond who knows the importance of taking care of her health, beauty, relationships, finances and spirituality. Linda Franklin says, ”there is no stopping a woman who has a strong belief system, passion and a dream. All things are possible”. Linda’s book, Don’t Ever Call Me Ma’am helps women of all ages tap into their power and live life to the fullest.