Do you remember when things were simple? I am not talking about when you were a kid and your biggest worry was whom you were going to play with next. I am talking about when you first fell in love with your significant other.
Things were easier then, right? You had fewer responsibilities and more time for the one, you loved. Jump into the future and add in long work hours, kids, school functions, and household responsibilities. So, how do you keep the love in the marriage alive?
These seven secret tips will help you keep the love alive in your marriage.
1. Make Time! This may seem like such a simple tip but it is the one that is looked over the most. It is so important to carve time out each day to attend to each other’s needs. Turn off the TV and be with each other. Set up a monthly date night to get out or make a dinner together just for the two of you.
2. Get a life! So many times after we get married and have children, we forget whom we were when we first met. We may loose our identity a bit and forget to do the hobbies we use to love. Get back into doing the things you love to do.
3. Remember the little things! In the beginning of a relationship, we leave little notes or do special things for each other. When life gets hectic, we may forget to do these kind things for each other.
4. Appearance matters! When you first started dating your significant other would you show up with your hair a mess and your shirt dirty? When you go out a date night, dress to impress the one you love. Show them you care by looking nice for them. In the end, you will both feel better about yourselves and each other.
5. Pick you battles! No one is perfect and no one is going to do everything right. Complaining about everything only makes you cranky and spreads that attitude around. Voice your thoughts and feelings when you really need something to change. For example, if your husband does something that hurts your feelings, let him know. However, if it is something small let it go and keep the peace.
6. Set the mood! Remember when he played romantic music and you wore something sexy in the bedroom? This is where many couples become lazy and start to point fingers. You stopped dressing sexy because he stopped with the romance. Leave the blame behind and make the first step to bringing sexy back.
7. Visit Memory lane! Remember why you feel in love with each other. Talk about the past good times, look at old photo books, and watch wedding tapes. Chances are that reminiscing will bring a smile to both of your faces.