Public Awareness Campaign Starts With First Ever
What: No Excuse for Elder Abuse Campaign Launch
The public awareness campaign, “No Excuse for Elder Abuse,” is designed to empower every citizen to report suspected abuse and dissuade would-be perpetrators from taking advantage of seniors.
Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJwgDl-S5xY
When: Wednesday, March 27, 2013
10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Where: Michigan First Credit Union
27000 Evergreen Rd., Lathrup Village, MI
(North side of the I-696 service drive) click here for map
Who: Participants representing elder interests in counties throughout southeast Michigan will include:
· Gov. Rick Snyder (via video message)
· Cynthia Canty, Michigan Radio (moderator)
· Joseph A. Costello, Jr., Chief Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, Monroe County
· Brian L. Mackie, Prosecuting Attorney, Washtenaw County
· Derek Meinecke, 44th District Court Judge, City of Royal Oak, Oakland County
· Eric J. Smith, Prosecuting Attorney, Macomb County
· John D. Tomlinson, Probate Judge, St. Clair County
· William J. Vailliencourt, Prosecuting Attorney, Livingston County
· Kym L. Worthy, Wayne County Prosecutor
· Kaye Lani Rae Rafko-Wilson, RN, former Miss America/Miss Michigan and elder care advocate
Plus: This event will launch the first ever Elder Abuse Tweet Chat Challenge, to begin at 10:30 a.m. Participants and all interested parties are being asked to tweet about elder abuse using the hashtag #noexcuse4elderabuse.
RSVP to (248) 851-3993
The “No Excuse for Elder Abuse” campaign is made possible through the collaboration of Area Agency on Aging 1-B, Neighborhood Legal Services/Elder Law and Advocacy Center, Lakeshore Legal Aid, Catholic Social Services of Washtenaw County, and Oakland Family Services, and is supported with funding from the Michigan Office of Services to the Aging. Visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NoExcuseForElderAbuse and Twitter at www.twitter.com/elderabusemich.