The concept that we are just animals, only slightly removed from apes, means that there are no moral standards, no laws worth obeying, no future, and no hope. The realization of this terrible truth even penetrated the gloom of Darwin's mind at one time. "With me the horrid doubt always arises, whether the convictions of man's mind of lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would anyone trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" (Charles Darwin, quoted in Francis Darwin's Life and Letters of Charles Darwin ( 1903; reprint 1971), vol 1, p. 285).
These seven reasons why man did not evolve from apes cannot be denied :
1. Man's DNA is different from that of each of the apes, monkeys and all the rest : The chimpanzee actually has more chromosomes in their DNA (48 chromosomes) compared to man's DNA (46 chromosomes). This makes man's flesh different from apes like the Bible says in I Corinthians 15:39.
2. The shape and arrangement of the teeth of apes are different than man's : "Many male primates have large canine teeth, which are used in fighting and defense. Where the upper canines meet, or occlude, with the lower jaw, there are spaces, or gaps, between the opposing teeth. canine diatemas (spaces opposite large canines) are characteristic of jaws of baboons, gorillas, and monkeys. They are used as a diagnostic feature in studying fossils. Because they are absent in men. A primate jaw with canine diastemas is considered probably related to apes or monkeys, not close to the human family" (R. Milner, Encyclopedia of Evolution, (1990), p. 69).
3. The number of vertebrae in man's backbone is different from that of the apes : The upright stance of the human requires a doubly curved spinal column and a large gluteus maximus muscle. The junction of the spinal cord and the skull is farther forward on the human, so the head can balance in an upright position.
4. Man's cranial (brain capacity) is totally different from the great apes :
Orangutans - 275 cc - 500 cc
Chimpanzees - 275 cc - 500 cc
Gorillas - 340 cc - 752 cc
Man - 1100 cc - 1700 cc
5. Man's feet are different from apes : Apes have feet with the big toe that looks like a thumb. Apes have essentially four hands. When apes walk their gait is different and they have a tendency to drop on all fours and knuckle walk.
6. Man's skull is different than apes : Apes such as the gorilla have a heavy bony crest at the top of their skull which is needed for anchoring the jaw muscles to their massive jaws.
7. The ultimate reason is man is "in the image of God" and God was not a ape : "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them" (Genesis 1:26-27).